I promise this isn’t my six hundredth attempt to sound like a beauty blogger… I just really like makeup and I’m also one of those people who thinks the suffering of animals doesn’t outweigh my need to get that perfect foundation shade. There’s no preaching going on here though, I just figured that if anyone’s new years resolution was to go cruelty free then here’s a good starting my point: my five favourite beauty products from 2015! There’s a tonne more I could write about, but for now, here are my staples. Enjoy!
5. Soap & Glory Kick Ass Blur & Brighten Concealer Crayon: I’ve tried a lot of concealers in my time, both cruelty free and animal tested and from high end to low, and this is easily the best of the bunch. The consistency is so creamy and easily glides over any imperfections without looking cakey or thick. The only downside is it’s not the best at any under eye action, but there’s a Barry M alternative for that. I wear this baby without any foundation and never feel as if I need any extra coverage. Totally recommend.
4. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Satin Lipstick in Perfect Day: Yes, another Soap & Glory product. This is gonna be a recurring theme here… but for good reason! Let me preface this review by saying I am a huuuuge lipstick person– reds particularly. But sometimes certain situations aren’t appropriate for a full blown red lip, but I still don’t feel like settling for nude. Perfect Day is the solution. This lipstick is a gorgeous muted red, perfect for daytimes or more casual settings. It’s hydrating and nourishing and has a pretty decent staying power for a satin lipstick (that’s a compliment coming from me, I’m a matte girl at heart). Also, that name pun, man. ❤
3. Soap & Glory Supercat Extreme Eyeliner Pen: As a former teenage emo kid, I consider myself a bit of a connoisseur in liquid eyeliner– and this is it. The best one. I know this eyeliner has a bit of a love/hate thing going on in the blogosphere, but I’m firmly on the Love Team. It’s black as my tortured little soul, glides on without any issues, and is super easy to control. I honestly don’t know what else a person would look for in an eyeliner.
2. Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil: Aaaaah, eyebrows ❤ Little hairy caterpillars that somehow have the magical ability to transform a face. They’re wonderful little things, so you really should treat them to one of the best eyebrow tools out there. I. Love. This. Thing. First off, the tint brush is fantastic. You can do these delicate little brushstrokes and get a really natural looking brow or you can go full on Delevingne and not have it look ridiculous. Then there’s the pencil end, which is perfect for blending and filling in your eyebrows to fully perfect them. In case you can’t tell, I’m pretty enamoured by this thing.
1. Gosh Velvet Touch Lip Liner in Antique Rose: Finally, you rejoice, she mentions a product that isn’t by Soap & Glory! Yep, so you better believe me when I say it’s love, guys. So I’ll admit it, I didn’t even really give lipliners a second thought until I started following Kylie Jenner on Instagram, and now I’m a convert. Lipstick who? You know when you just find a lip shade that works for you, and you’re like “this is it, this is life changing”. Well, that’s what happened with antique rose. But the amazing thing is, this colour would do it for anyone. It’s a gorgeous dusty rose colour, maybe one step passed the whole my lips but better thing. It’s definitely pink, but not like… piiiiiiiink. The texture is another major plus, as it applies super easily and doesn’t cling to your dry bits. Which in my eyes makes it the perfect day to day lip product. And I’m obviously the authority on these issues. Duh.
So I hope anyone who is considering making the change to cruelty free, or just people looking for a few new beauty staples, get something from this post. What I lack in awful blog photography, I make up for in my Boots 3 for 2 spending vortexes. You’re welcome.